Some of Amy's classic tips include:
- Don't do drugs .... or take the Whole Foods Approach and choose only "organic"
- Don't drink the punch, but instead stick to beer which will hopefully fill you up before you drink yourself to death
- No naked photos or tattoos
- Study philosophy and the humanities to feed the soul ... but accounting fills the bank account
- Embrace the opportunity to be politically and socially involved.
Certainly, we all want "the best" for our kids, though we know it has to do with them choosing wisely and making good systems. We instill our kids with our values and lessons, but at some point they are going to be their own best selves, for better or worse in what we intended and hoped.