Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Best Albums of my Youth


As a Gen Xer coming of age in the 70s & 80s (and probably still growing up a bit in the 90s), I was definitely impacted by the music of the age. It's no surprise to anyone who knows me that I consider REM to be the greatest American rock band, and musically they could do almost no wrong by me. Of course, we all have those albums (records, cassettes, and CDs) that define us and transport us back in time. On Facebook, it appears to be a thing to list our Top Ten from adolescence. Ranking always bothers me, and lists are always too limiting. But here are ten albums that rocked my youth:

  • REM - Life's Rich Pageant 
  • VIOLENT FEMMES - Violent Femmes
  • THE WHO - Who's Next
  • THE CLASH - London Calling
  • THE DOORS - Greatest Hits
  • BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - Born in the USA
  • THE POLICE - Zenyatta Mondata
  • U2 - War (& Under a Blood Red Sky)
  • SEX PISTOLS - Never Mind the Bollocks ...
  • NIRVANA - Nevermind

No comments: