Friday, August 27, 2021

Designs of Color by Dariana - Aruba

I'm a bit of an art geek, though I am certainly in the novice stage of my art appreciation. So, I spend significant time visiting museums and galleries, always wishing I had an extra ten grand or so, just burning a hole in my pocket. Mostly I just gaze and envy and wish. But when I was in Aruba recently, and I strolled down the Renaissance Mall after a wonderful morning snack of perfertiges, I could not stop myself from purchasing this beautiful piece.


This sculpted piece is the vision and work of Dariana who has a shop called Designs of Color in downtown Oranjestad on the island of Aruba. In speaking with the artist's husband, I learned about her artistic process using resins, driftwood, fiberglass, and paint process that uses heat rather than brushes to achieve this vibrant and always unique color schemes.

No comments: