Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Choose First Bank

Personal banking is important.

I grew up in a small town and my family always banked with a local credit union. Thus, I grew up with great personal service and a financial institution that was committed first to customer service and second to conservative fiscal policy. I never had any concerns with my money, and the bankers always knew my name from the second I stepped in the door. That was what banking meant to me. Thus, as an adult when I moved to Chicago, I was disappointed with the impersonal nature of the Bank of Chicago that charged extra for personal banking service and expected as much to be done on-line as possible. That wasn't "banking" to me.

When I moved to Colorado where I knew virtually no one, I had to take a chance on a bank, and I considered going with a huge national bank like Wells Fargo. However, I instead wandered in to the King Soopers at Belleview Plaza, and was introduced to the small community banking of First Bank. I couldn't be happier with that choice. Living in walking distance to my supermarket and bank, I have in Greenwood Village that small town credit union feeling. And, of course, it got better when (DISCLOSURE) my sister-in-law began working for First Bank.

To this day, my bank is a place where I feel at home. First Bank is a well-run institution that suffered few losses in the financial meltdown of 2008. With great personal service and solid, conservative money policy, First Bank is a great choice to park your money. So, if you are looking to move away from the big banks - especially Bank of America - consider giving First Bank a try.

You won't be disappointed.



No comments: