Like any new resident to a town or city or major metropolitan area, I am learning my way around and actively seeking out the information on how to best navigate all the opportunities available in the DMV. Obviously, the good ol' Washington Post is a great place to start - especially with its weekly feature on Going Out in DC along with its list of "The Best 34 Things to Do This weekend." (the number of things ranges week to week).
And, there is an endless string of "Things," for sure, as well as nearly endless sources providing local insight and flavor. However, I was amused a while back to run across this cool WashPo feature article on a man and his news letter which has been spotlighting local flavor for years. They call him the Prince of Petworth, and his site -- call it a blog, I guess, is PoPville, which is a play on the self-anointed "prince of Petworth," a DC neighborhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment